Dedicated to William Burnet who was acting governor in 1728, this is the second printed map of Boston. Although similar to Bonners 1722 plan of the town, it was re-engraved and updated. Burgis reoriented the peninsula diagonally to accommodate a very elaborate cartouche and revised the list of churches to include Christ Church built in 1723. Because the Burgis map, like the earlier Bonner map, was invaluable in documenting the physical nature and life of 18th-century Boston, it was reissued numerous times during the 18th and 19th centuries. This facsimile was printed in 1869.